The Javelin Accuracy was designed based on input from some of the world’s most accomplished accuracy competitors. The dynamic main and reserve sizing allows for a main parachute suitable for competition accuracy and a reserve parachute more suitable for the jumpers body size. The rig is SkyHook compatible and is available with most of the same options as the Javelin Odyssey.
Sun Path consulted with some of the worlds top competitors and foremost authorities in the discipline and they all agreed on one thing. You have to be sitting up straight in the harness on approach. The main ring placement on the Javelin Accuracy allows the jumper to sit up straight in the harness and focus on a vertical approach to the target, resulting in more dead centers.
Standard Features on every Javelin Accuracy:
- Skyhook RSL Compatibility: All Javelin Odyssey’s are Skyhook compatible while having the Skyhook installed is a paid option. The SkyHook is a main assist reserve deployment system that uses a malfunctioning main to extract the reserve free-bag from the container and provide a fully inflated reserve in as little as 80 feet.
- Stainless Steel Hardware: Sun Path Products was one of the first harness container manufacturers to offer stainless steel hardware as a standard feature. The decision to stock only stainless steel hardware was twofold. 1. End the chance of hardware wearing out and 2. Reduce the wear on the harness itself. All Sun Path products are manufactured with stainless steel hardware.
- Kill Line Pilot Chute: Today’s main parachutes are more technically advanced than ever before. A collapsible main pilot chute is essential to getting the best performance out of the design of your main parachute. Also available are our freefly handle and pull out main pilot chute. Available on Hackey, Freefly Pud or Pull-Out handle (Standard on the Odyssey, paid option on the Legacy)
- Phat Daddy Cutaway Handle: Using a 3/4" metal tube surrounded by padding and your choice of fabric (Javelin Odyssey only) this cutaway handle will be there when you need it most! Custom embroidery extra cost.
- Type 7 Harness Construction: The most durable nylon webbing for this application. Type 7 webbing has a tensile strength of 6000 lbs with a selvedge edge that resists abrasion and shows potential wear.
- Deep Reserve Handle Pocket: For those who prefer the metal “D” style reserve ripcord, a deep well pocket keeps your handle secure and in place until the time comes to use it!
- Anti Twist Main Risers: Teflon inserts in the housing for the excess cutaway cable prevent a line twist malfunction from becoming more difficult to release. The excess cutaway cable will slide out easily, even in the most extreme line twists on high performance canopies.