- Read and follow all operating instructions and all manufacturer specifications, instructions, advice and requirements for use of equipment.
- Use only manufacturer recommended compatible components.
- Examine and replace ANY defective, worn or deteriorated component part.
- Examine all gear and equipment, including all fittings, buckles, snaps, or other fasteners before each use of any parachute product.
- Use only those products designed for parachute use.
- Do not exceed recommended or stated forces, speeds, or other factors regarding safe use of the equipment.
- Read and follow all warning labels, manuals, instructions, training or experience requirements and recommendations and all recognized parachute use procedures.
- Check and calibrate all altimeters, timers, or other similar equipment before each jump or use.
- Be extremely careful and cautious. Review emergency procedures before each use. Do not be overconfident.
- Never attempt to use equipment packed, prepared, assembled or fitted by others. Know and examine your equipment before each use.
- Failure to activate the main or reserve parachute (or execute correct emergency procedures) at a safe altitude, and/or equipment failures can result in serious injury or death.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL WARNINGS, INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIRED PROCEDURES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
NO EQUIPMENT IN THIS CATALOG IS DESIGNED FOR OR IS TO BE USED FOR BASE JUMPING OR BUNGEE JUMPING.
Sport parachuting is a hazardous activity that can result in injury or death.
Parachutes sometimes malfunction, even when they are properly designed, built, assembled, packed, maintained and used. The results of such malfunctions are sometimes serious injury or death.
RISKS OF SKYDIVING
Skydiving has caused deaths and serious injuries. In the past decade an average of 31 fatalities have been reported in the U.S.A. in each year.
Parachutes do not always open properly. Ram-Air parachutes have a malfunction rate of approximately 0.3%. No pull or low pull 19%, malfunctions 22%, reserve problems 11%, collisions 15%, landings 33%. This data is based on U.S.P.A reports. Experts estimate that hundreds of people are injured. Some of these deaths and injuries are the result of equipment malfunction. PARA-GEAR Equipment Company Inc., warrants all products in this catalog to be free of defects in material and workmanship and will, within 60 days from the date of purchase by the original consumer, repair or replace, at Para-Gear's option, any part found defective by Para-Gear without charge for material or labor. The parties understand and agree that the buyer's sole and exclusive remedy against Para-Gear shall be for the repair or replacement of defective parts as provided herein.
Any needed repair or replacement of parts under the terms of this Warranty should be brought to the attention of Para-Gear by writing "Customer Service" at the address listed at the end of this page along with the product. Para-Gear will not pay for shipping and handling charges.
This Warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied. Implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to 60 days from the date of purchase. Para-Gear shall not be deemed to be or held liable for personal injuries or for any other damages whether direct or consequential. This Warranty shall NOT apply and is terminated when any product contained in this catalog or any part thereof has been subjected to accident, alteration, abuse, and misuse, or where incompatible parts are used.
Note: Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Any representations or promises inconsistent with or in addition to this Warranty are unauthorized and shall not be binding on Para-Gear Equipment Company Inc.