The M3T is a low profile, 1.5 lb lightweight kevlar blend headgear. (Oxygen mask in photo is additional option and cost.) The importance of impact protection, comfort, communication and oxygen compatibility has been the driving factors in developing the M3T headgear. It can be used in a variety of settings for military operations including but not limited to airborne, fast roping, repelling, mountain climbing, smoke-jumping and water rescue. The headgear is compatible with all communications and oxygen systems currently in use by the US Military Special Operations community.
The unique outer profile is ergonomically designed allowing oxygen receivers to be mounted at various angles. It features interchangeable liners. The M3T is easily field modified, for example it can be cut to allow for better hearing, or ventilation. Snaps can be added to the headgear for externally mounted goggles. Modifications can be custom ordered for the special needs of the various groups.
Snag free attachments have been, and can be, designed to accommodate various items such as NOD, strobes, cameras and more. These are ideal for Airborne Operations.
The M3T is fastened using a removable padded chin strap with ¾ inch Fastex®, and a nape strap, across the back of the headgear, for added fit. Also located on the back of the shell, is flat area covered with hook and loop fastener and bungee network. This area can be used for strobe/chemlight placement etc. Although goggle snaps are not standard these can be place on each side on request.
The M3T liner system is composed of four parts that together provide comfort, communication mounts and impact protection.
- Right and left side ear pads composed of Temperature sensitive foam, covered in soft leather, mold and seal around the ears. Also within these pads are mounting plates where communication speakers can be quickly mounted in place. Completing the ear pads are hook and loop fastener compatible backings which secure them into the headgear.
- The top pad, which provides comfort around the crown, is composed of open and closed cell foams covered by a black liner material. Special foams are used to prevent swelling when used at high altitudes.
- The final component found between the top pad and headgear shell is the impact material. This is manufactured by Zoat Foam.
Optional oxygen receivers / communication packages:
The M3T composite shell is constructed using a Kevlar and carbon fiber blend along with an epoxy resin system. In the process of manufacturing, these materials are molded and cured in an autoclave at 135psi which places extreme pressure on the laminates to produce a very dense and light shell. Standard shell color is black spackle mat, but other color requests are welcomed.
The bayonet receivers are machined out of aluminum and anodized black, these receivers are adjustable and can be mounted to accommodate different bayonet styles.
Standard communications include; M87 dynamic microphone (Boom and microphone mount on T-bayonet), Y harness with U-174 (TP-120) plug which can go into a radio or push to talk switch and harness and a U-173 two prong jack, and two H-143 dynamic earphones. Although this is the standard set up configuration, alternative requests can be configured.
Other accessories (but not limited to) that can be used with the M3T are:
- Kroop Goggles (See Para-Gear website)
- ESS Goggles (See Para-Gear website)
- Oakley Goggles
- Pilot Blast Shield (lens)
- Strobe and Chem Lights (See Para-Gear website)
- Radio communications and boom microphones
- Audible Altimeters (See Para-Gear website)
- Bayonet Receivers (Additional cost, Specify "T" or "J" fitting)
Shipping Weight: 4 lbs. (1.81kg).