The JPL-401 is a wireless, RFcontrolled portable jump light system designed for use on aircraft not already equipped with jump lights, or as a back-up for aircraft already equipped. JPL-401 is designed to work from any position within the aircraft interior. The system operates on FCC approved 2.4 GHz transceivers designed not to interfere with aircraft electrical or communication systems.
The standard JPL-401 kit comprises one Control Module (JCM-1), one Light Module (JLM-1), spare CR123 batteries and attachment accessories in a waterproof Pelican® case.
- Control Module — Handheld device with ON/OFF switch, RED & GREEN push-button switches with indicator LEDs, dimmer switch, and removable cover.
- Light Module — Remotely-activated handheld device with ON/OFF switch, RED and GREEN lights, LED indicators, dimmer switch and removable cover.
- Attachment/Mounting — Two re-usable VELCRO® Brand tape and bungee “Attach Patches” and self-adhesive VELCRO® Brand tape patches provide for temporary mounting of the Light Module to aircraft structure at the door or ramp.
- Prior to flight, turn both modules ON; confirm operation and RF linkage (small blue and violet LEDs illuminate on both modules).
- Prior to reaching release point, push the RED button on the Control Module; the Light Module illuminates RED.
- At release point, push the GREEN button on the Control Module; the Light Module turns from RED to GREEN.
- The jump can be aborted at any time by pushing the RED button on the Control Module — changing the Light Module to RED. The system cannot go directly to GREEN without first going to RED.
- Both Controller and Light Module should be turned OFF at the end of the jump to preserve batteries